The purpose of this
video presentation is to provide emergency responders an overview or refresher
of key principles of wound packing. Wound packing is performed during the
indirect threat care phase of an incident when there is no active threat. It
may be used to control severe bleeding in places where tourniquets are not
effective, such as bleeding near the junction of the torso and a limb.
*** NOTE ***
If you receive a message saying "You cannot enroll yourself in this course", you first need to complete your profile information which is required for DHS-Certified training.
- Click your name in the upper right corner
- Select Profile
- Under User Details, select Edit Profile
- Scroll down and click FEMA Required Fields,
- Fill out all fields and click Update Profile
- It may take up to 5 minutes to update your permissions
- Refresh the course page to check for access.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your access is not granted after 5 minutes.